Sunday, April 8, 2012

Stamped Bunny Cupcakes

This was my first time using fondant on cupcakes and I am very pleased with the way they turned out. I don't typically like the flavor of fondant but I made it really thin, and used cookie frosting to attach the fondant to the cupcake. It was the perfect combination of sweet frosting and cake. So I was told :) The hardest part about making these cute little toppers was dying the fondant the individual colors. Other than that they were a sinch ( roll, cut, stamp, and paste).

I got these cute little cupcake cups at Target and a box of yellow cake mix on sale. Make sure your cupcakes are completely cool before placing your fondant or it will become tacky and loose its shape. Same goes with storing them. The fondant will get hard if refrigerated, and really soft and sticky if kept somewhere too warm.

I used these four Wilton's food coloring colors that are made specifically for coloring frosting and fondant. I happen to have ready-to-use fondant on hand. When coloring fondant the ready-to-use stuff will save you a lot of time. I really didn't color a whole lot of fondant but it still took me about ten minutes (per color) to get the colors mixed well.


Once you get your color mixed well roll it out to about an 1/8th of an inch. Then I cut my circles out with a cookie cutter just a tad bigger then the stamp.

Discard the scraps then stamp. Be sure to put all the pressure on the middle of the stamp otherwise your impression will be uneven. Use a spatula dipped in powdered sugar to gently lift your topper. Then I used the Betty Crocker ready-to-use cookie frosting to attach the topper to the cupcake.

I've never seen or heard of these stamps for baking until I received this one as a gift. It's a product from this company called Stampin' Up. I love them, and can't wait to use them again. It really gives the cupcakes a simple, but clean and professional look- which I love. Happy Easter!






No comments:

Post a Comment