Sunday, December 16, 2012

DIY Christmas Wreath

I've always wanted an extravagant Christmas wreath on display for the holidays. Well turns out the extravagant ones aren't cheap, and if it's real- forget about it. I chose the next best thing and made my own for only $10.00 with the exception of a gold bow I already owned. Micheal's pretty regularly has sales on all of their holiday products. I scored a medium sized wreath, and enough goodies to spiff up my wreath, all for half off. The different variations to decorate your wreath are endless with the amount of supplies Michael had to offer. I think that was the hardest part of this project was trying to choose all the little decorations. I must have been in that isle for about an hour. Ultimately I chose a traditional theme, and added simple things I liked that reminded me of Christmas. This project was super, super easy. I literally just fluffed my branches, organized my decorations how I wanted display them on my wreath then attached each item one by one. Some of them had wires that were easy to twist around branches, and some were hard plastic that required a little tweaking into the framework to make them stay. The great thing about this project is that nothing is permanent. If you decide you don't like something you can always take it out, or change your theme next year.  Happy holidays!



 I ended up taking out the silver holly and replacing it with some more pine cones. I thought the silver kind of stuck out like a sore thumb.


No comments:

Post a Comment