Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Halloween Candied Popcorn

I made these cute little popcorn snack bags for my toddler's Halloween party. The kids were running around with there little pumpkin bags in hand munching on their popcorn. I'm personally not a huge popcorn fan, but I just love snacking on these. And as usual they are cheap and easy to make (pop, melt, mix, sprinkle).
Ingredients:
-Halloween sprinkles (I used the black and orange balls, but any sprinkle will do)
-6 oz candy melts or half a bag (I used white candy melts but you can use green or purple if you want to get funky with it)
-3 personal sized popcorn bags (I used the all natural pop secret kind)

Step 1:
Pop your three bags of popcorn and put them in a bowl.

Step 2:
Melt your candy melts in the microwave in 30 second intervals- siring after each one.

Step 3:
Poor the melted candy on top of the popcorn in the bowl. Then roll your sleeves up and mix it up with your hands.

Step 4:
Once you feel like you got a pretty good coat dump it all onto a baking sheet. Spread it out evenly then start sprinkling. Add as many or as little sprinkles as you want. Let set for about 10 minutes then they're ready to eat...or store in cute little pumpkin bags:)

Tips:
-Don't overcook the candy because it will start hardening again.
-Keeps best in a plastic zip-lock bag.
-If you put them in a paper bag and they get to warm the candy will melt and leave what look like grease spot on the bag.
-I also made these for my son's birthday party, but with multicolored sprinkles.


 I found these cute little drawstring pumpkin bags at the dollar store.







No comments:

Post a Comment